Looking for a nice craft to do on Halloween? I found this great Pumpkin Cake Lollypops to try with your children. You can even wrap it in a small plastic wrap and give it away to their friends as a Halloween treat.
What do you need:
- Sponge cake
- Nutella, cake frosting or creamy caramel
- White chocolate
- Orange food colouring
- Bamboo sticks
- Green tic tac or any green small candy you may find to use as stems
- Edible ink pen
Here is how to do it:
- Bake your favourite sponge cake recipe and let it cool down.
- Crumble the cake in a bowl until you don’t see any big pieces.
- Add some nutella, cake frosting or even some creamy caramel to use as a kind of glue. Mix well until it is all homogeneous.
- With help of your kids, roll part of the dove into little balls (around 5 cm diameter balls).
- Put them in a baking sheet and set them aside inside the freezer for 15 minutes.
- During that time, melt some white chocolate in “bain-marie”. Add some orange food colouring and get ready for the coating.
- Take the cake balls out of the freezer. Dip the bamboo stick on the chocolate and quickly stick the stick on one of the balls. Dip the ball completely in the melted chocolate. I used as spoon to help me coat them completely from all sides. Let the excess drop out and let the cake pop dry. I put them in a glass, with the cake ball sticking out, to avoid ruining the coating.
- Immediately, stick a green tic tac or green gummy or any other candy that looks like stems.
- After it is completely dry, you can draw the face using an edible ink pen.